House for rent

New Haven CT

$2,450

Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor
Event Decor

Property Description

PERFECT FOR A STUDENT RENTAL!! LOCATION: 5 min walk to Albertus Magnus campus. 10 min walk to Yale Divinity School. 5 min walk to the nearest stop for Yale's blue and red shuttle lines. Step out the door and catch the 234 CT bus line. On bike or by car, less than 10 min from Southern Connecticut State University or downtown New Haven. Street parking right outside with no resident permit or snow emergency restrictions. Within 10 min walk: three groceries and delis, two community gardens. In-unit w/d and electric panel meanS no visits to the basement. Double-paned windows means warmer winters and smaller heating bills. A spacious kitchen with an electric stove/oven and dishwasher makes cooking and cleaning a breeze. A large living room area is yours to make cozy and comforting. Backyard for cookouts, sunbathing, and general frolicking.Read moreShuttle linesThree groceriesSpacious kitchenSmaller heating billsWarmer wintersDouble-paned windows

Property Details

Property Type

Square Footage

3,221

Bedrooms

6

Bathrooms

3

Pets

Number of Storeys

Year Built

County Description
New Haven, city, coextensive with the town (township) of New Haven, New Haven county, south-central Connecticut, U.S. It is a port on Long Island Sound at the Quinnipiac River mouth. Originally settled as Quinnipiac in 1638 by a company of English Puritans led by John Davenport and Theophilus Eaton, it was renamed in 1640, probably for Newhaven, England. In 1643 it combined with several adjacent towns, including Milford and Guilford, to form the New Haven colony, of which Eaton was governor until his death in 1658. In 1665 New Haven colony reluctantly accepted absorption into the more liberal and democratic Connecticut colony, which was based in Hartford and enjoyed a royal charter. From 1701 New Haven was co-capital with Hartford, a position it maintained in both colony and state until 1875. During the American Revolution it was sacked (July 5, 1779) by loyalist forces under Major General William Tryon. The town was an important centre of abolitionist sentiment during the American Civil War.
New Haven’s historical preeminence in many industrial fields is manifest in the number of inventions that first appeared in the area. These include Eli Whitney’s mass-production technique (Hamden), Charles Goodyear’s vulcanized rubber (Naugatuck), Samuel Colt’s improved repeating revolver (Hamden), and sulfur matches (Woodbridge). The Winchester repeating rifle (the gun that “tamed the West”) was made in New Haven. Diversified manufacturing, educational services, and shipping are the modern economic mainstays. In 1957 New Haven was one of the first Eastern cities to undertake wholesale urban renewal of its decaying downtown area. Nonetheless, the neighbourhoods surrounding New Haven’s downtown core remained run-down in the late 20th century and had such inner-city problems as unemployment, drugs, and crime.

Property Location

New Haven CT

County

New Haven CT